Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bustle Cage is done! YAY!

I had a pretty big day today.  It started with my Grandmother on the phone calling to admit defeat and poor eyesight and saying that she has to give up sewing.  She has a pretty nice Bernina from the 80's that is a solid workhorse, but hasn't touched it in years so she wanted to know if I would like to come down to San Diego (which is about an hour from where I am staying) to pick it up.  I about died because she is the one that taught me to sew and she taught home economics at the high school and college levels for her whole life. Sewing is a big deal to her.  I feel like her giving up her sewing machine is her slowly giving up the ghost, so as you can imagine, I was both really stoked to get the machine I learned to sew on and really sad that my Grandma is giving it to me.

Needless to say, I did a run for the border to go get it.  This was followed by a nap, and then a birthday dinner from my mom (Thursday is my actual birthday, but I will be going to Disneyland so will not see my mom all day - she's better enough to make herself food and stuff and I am only 20 minutes away if there's a problem), and then my mom took me to the Apple store to pick up a new iPhone 4s (yay!).  Hours were spent setting that up, asking siri silly questions and trying to figure out why my synch is off a bit, but I did manage to finish up the bustle cage today.  I boned it, attached the belt, and hemmed the parts that still needed to be finished off. It does need a clasp, but I am good with calling it done enough to blog about!  All in all, a pretty good day, no?

Ok, I am off to bed now to have sweet dreams about the happiest place on Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment