Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Congratulatory present for me!

I got a job offer on Sunday, with a company that I interviewed with last week and I really actually liked a lot. It will probably cut down on my ability to sew a bunch, but it is a good thing anyway because I do like to have money to spend on things, specifically costume related things. So, to congratulate myself, I went ahead and bough a pair of American Duchess "Astoria" Edwardian Leather Shoes...in each color. :-)

It might be excessive but 1) I have no idea what color I will make my titanic dress out of and 2) Who knows for how long these shoes will be available and I'd hate for there to be some event in like 5 years and have me going "Darn! I should have bought both colors!"  Anyway, they are perfectly suited for the Titanic dinner so I went ahead and did it.

For those of you who do not know, American Duchess has been designing period shoes and having them manufactured in very small quantities.  She has also done Georgian and regency shoes.  They are very good quality and I think they are beautiful.  Once they are gone, they are gone though, and you can get them at a nice discount if you buy during pre-order and your size is also then guaranteed.

Her pre-order is through Feb 3, and they have enough orders to for sure go through with manufacture, so if you'd like a pair and want them by the Titanic anniversary, you should order them now! They look like this:

I also set up my favorite-est hair person (frankly, the only person I trust with my hair) to do my hair for the event, so I feel like I am on a good path to some fantastic photos and a fabulous event!

No comments:

Post a Comment