Sunday, April 1, 2012

Candace Kling Ruching Workshop

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to attend a rouching workshop put on by the GBACG and taught by Candace Kling. She makes amazing art from ribbons, including boxes of candy so real-looking that you would grab for them to eat them. Out of ribbon. I know.

What is rouching?  It's basically fabric manipulation that ends up being super textured and bumpy. It's used on wedding dresses, modern women's shirts, and, of course, historically, a lot.

The class was super interesting and informative, and Candace is an amazing teacher.  I took her ribbon folding class last year and it was amazing.  I would LOVE to take her cockades class.  Hopefully next year.  I'll post pictures of my board of ruched samples once they are all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment