Monday, April 2, 2012

More Progress!

I got the boning channels/boning tape in and the boning as well! 

On this I need to:
- Grommet
-Trim and bind (I have done most of the trimming already!)

I also whetted down and ironed out the fabric for the skirt portion of my dress so that there are no more water spots.

All-and all a good day's work.

I am at a crossroads because I need to figure out what to do with the skirt.  Do I:
A. Flat-line it, this making it have some good weight, easier to sew, easier to hem, easier to deal with my life (as the instructions tell me to);
B. Put the muslin skirt underneath as an under-dress/lining and then sew together the silk separately so it has more slinky drape to it and let it flow on its own? It may be beautiful and it may just stick in spots to the muslin and look weird.

I do not know.  I am contemplating overnight, but if you have a suggestion, please do leave it in the comments.  I am afraid to sew it and then pull it all out again because I may ruin the fabric doing that and I would loose all the work, so I would prefer to only do it once if possible.  If you have an opinion, please feel free to leave it in the comments. I may just do everything else that I can until I come to a conclusion on this one....

No comments:

Post a Comment