Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Past. Present. Future.

Hey there! Long time, no post, I know.  I did warn all of you that it would be sporadic, depending on when I was sewing!

Past: Where have I been?  Well, Here's the run-down since basically Costume College, in order: My BFF got married - I was her Maid of Honor.  I went to Hawaii, China, and Atlanta, and then it was Christmas-time, which is a month of parties and planning and presents and travel.  I got back from the travel part of that on Jan 1 and was immediately sick.  FOR SIX WEEKS. I do not lie here. It was bad. Then I went skiing for a week and here we are.

Present: I finally got the the point where I am able to think about what it is that I want to do for the few Costume events I plan on going to this year, and then I go and do a couple of really silly things.

Future: Well, there's a number of things on the slate now...

My Pal, Sahrye, her SO, and I all decided to go to Myth Masque in LA on Memorial Day weekend. I knew that I would probably go to this or LOJ, so the fact that I need something for this is not new, but the problem is an inspiration.  We may have a something that we will do as a group, but it seems up in the air a little right now.  If anyone has any fantastic ideas, that would be great. We will have pro photos taken, so I'd like to make something worth shooting.

There's a bustle picnic with the GBACG, our local costume guild, which I plan on attending.  I am unsure if I will make a new dress or if I will just finish trimming my polonaise outfit and make a hat, etc and wear that.  Probably the latter. There is some threat of a bustle dress appearing at CoCo, which I may try and finish for this as well.

Then there is LOJ itself.  It's on a weird weekend this year. July 5 and 6 seems a bit wonky to me. I don't know if we will have a quorum of people to go or not. I will hopefully find out about that soon.  I may just wear whatever I make for Myth Masque to that, if we go at all.  I give this a 40% chance right now.  We'll see.

SDCC. No costume plans. I should be taking a lot of pictures though.

CoCo. Aforementioned possible bustle dress. It almost entirely depends on how I am feeling about the following event.

Dragon*Con: So, I backed a Kickstarter for an incredible Cosplay photographer, who is one of the best in her field, Anna Fisher.  Part of the reward that I spontaneously signed up for, because there was only one left and I felt like I should seize the day, was a 30 minute photo shoot with her at Dragon*Con.

GULP.

I have no idea what I will make, and I am kind of scared out of my mind (on top of the fact that Atlanta in September is a horrible place to be wearing anything that stressful and I sort of vowed never to dress up at D*C, but that is neither here nor there at this point). I need to get a really great idea, and fast, for what I want to wear. I asked a couple of friends if they wanted to do it with me so that I do not have to feel so much pressure.  Hopefully it will be really awesome! You can check out some of her work here.

Then, after that craziness, there's a SciFi picnic, a regency tall ship cruise, a prohibition speakeasy pub crawl (I HATE THE 20's!!! but it's booze with my pals), Dickens Fair, a Holiday Bustle tea, and then in Feb a Venetian Carnival event all with my costuming guild that I would like to go to.  It probably won't work out that I get to do all of those, as we are planning on going on a couple week trip in the fall and it will mess something up (it always does), but that's the basic lay of the land.

So, chances are good that you will be hearing from me a lot more in the near future.  I will try and be a good blogger if possible, and I know that I can at the very least provide pictures galore! If you have any bright ideas for nay of my event costumes, please feel free to leave them in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment