Thursday, April 18, 2013

Butterfly Wings are cut out!

So I have 4 more un-interfaced wings cut out and fray checked. That brings me to 6 interfaced and 6 un-interfaced. At this point, that's as far as I can go with them until I know that the corset will be covered by the scrap wing bits. I do need to apply the spray that will allow me to bond these 6 to their counterparts and then iron them together, which will hopefully happen this week.

Here's where we are with things:
  • Cut corset - DONE
  • Sew base corset - DONE
  • Set in boning channels 
  • Grommet corset
  • Drape wings on corset
  • Bind corset
  • Interface wings - 3/4 done (This is as far as I can go until the Corset is done)
  • Cut out wings - 3/4 done (This is as far as I can go until the Corset is done)
  • Fray check wings - 3/4 done (This is as far as I can go until the Corset is done)
  • Spray wings with adhesive glue
  • Make wings double-sided
  • Cut out underskirt
  • Sew under skirt
  • Dye petticoats - DONE
  • Franken petticoats onto skirt
  • Attach wings to skirt
  • Wig - wig has been ordered!
  • Figure out makeup - Sahrye is on this one, but we will do tests to see
All-in-all, I feel like I am in a good place and very much farther ahead than I thought I would be at this point, so that's great news. I hesitate to get too excited about my progress as I don't want to jinx it at this stage of the game. There's still a LOT of work to do and I can hit a snafu at any point, but I am cautiously optimistic at this stage and far less panicked that I normally am. I think having a very clear plan that is broken down into tiny parts that are all manageable really helps me with these things. I should keep this method for next time for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment