Friday, May 10, 2013

Corset structure finished!

Ok, so the corset has 1 million boning channels, has been attached to the back pieces and has also had the lining attached. I need to tack down the lining in a few places because I hate weird bubbly insides, but pretty much, the corset is functional as a support garment. At this point, I can put the boning in and start draping the fabric. I have to do this in a lot of little parts as I am using wing fragments, but I have a plan. I am hoping to execute this plan this weekend - I will keep you updated!

Saturday will be a busy day for the dress and the wig both as Sahrye is coming over to hash things out and do a make-up test and my friends who is a hair stylist is going to come over and cut my wig bangs, which are currently ridiculous. Then it will be on to skirt construction!

Oh, I also got the most redonculant shoes ever, which I can barely stand in, but I think I can make it through the photos shoot in.  I will most likely wear them only for that, and then switch to ballet flats for the party. I feel like a hoochie in these shoes, but they certainly go with the dress! Here's what those look like:

Below is where things stand as of right now:
  • Cut corset - DONE
  • Sew base corset - DONE
  • Set in boning channels - DONE
  • Grommet corset - DONE
  • Drape wings on corset
  • Bind corset
  • Interface wings - 3/4 done (This is as far as I can go until the Corset is done)
  • Cut out wings - 3/4 done (This is as far as I can go until the Corset is done)
  • Fray check wings - 3/4 done (This is as far as I can go until the Corset is done)
  • Spray wings with adhesive glue - 3/4 done (This is as far as I can go until the Corset is done)
  • Make wings double-sided - 3/4 done (This is as far as I can go until the Corset is done)
  • Dye petticoats - DONE
  • Cut out underskirt
  • Sew under skirt
  • Franken petticoats onto skirt
  • Attach wings to skirt
  • Wig - Wig is here and needs to be styled - products are here and Ariane is coming on Saturday to cut the bangs for me.
  • Figure out makeup - Sahrye is coming over on Saturday for a test run!

No comments:

Post a Comment