Thursday, May 30, 2013

No rest for the Wicked



While I wait for the camera to show up, I am getting started on the next project. We have a bustle picnic in Fremont on the 23rd of June. I'll be gone from the 9th-the 19th in Alaska so that gives me roughly a week and a half to make something.

I would normally just trim out a dress that I already have an call it good, except that the two bustle dresses that I have are currently silk and poly, and a lunchtime picnic in Fremont in June sounds like a hot affair. So basically, I either will suffer or I will make something in a week and a half.

Fortunately, my last day at my job is tomorrow, so the majority of that is going to be work-free days and I can sew most of the day. I do appear to be booked up most evenings next week and a lot this weekend. Ugh.

So, I will try and use patterns that I know really well and fit, so I can cut right to the chase. It probably won't be finished by the picnic, but it will be wearable! I don't know what I will have for accessories either, but I'll see what I can do!

Here's the fabric that I have. It's only 8 yards so it will be the jacket and the apron and I'll probably make a white skirt to go with this. It should be pretty adorbs though, if I do say so myself!




No comments:

Post a Comment