Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Monday Update

This weekend was kind of rough.  The sleeves made me totally scared and then angry and then frustrated and then resigned.  However, I am moving past that and am making my first apron. Yay new experiences!  I hope I am getting lots of experience points from this one!

Since we last spoke, I have cut the apron fabric out and also made all of the fabric covered buttons for the stomacher.  I need to attache them to the stomacher, but am sort of avoiding that currently, for no good reason. It will take me a couple evenings of sewing the apron and then I will at least have all the clothes I need to wear and will just need to trim them.  Hopefully that will go well and quickly. I am grateful that I have this whole weekend, except one possible thing, which I might ditch, to work solidly.

Oh, also, my gloves came and they were way too small so I order another pair this afternoon.  Hopefully they will work out.

Current time left: 10 days

Jacket - Timeline to complete: by 8/11
dye lining fabric - DONE
cut fashion fabric - DONE
cut lining fabric - DONE
cut interlining fabric - DONE
flat-line fashion fabric to interlining - DONE
sew lining fabric - DONE
sew fashion fabric - DONE
make collar - DONE
put in boning into the jacket - DONE
attach collar to jacket - DONE
attach lining to jacket - DONE

Jacket - Timeline to complete: by 8/18:
figure out how to make stomacher part - DONE
cut fabric for stomacher part - DONE
sew stomacher part - DONE
make hole for the light in stomacher - DONE
put lining on stomacher - DONE
sew on Velcro for the stomacher - DONE
figure out new sleeve pattern - DONE
cut sleeves - DONE
sew sleeves - DONE
sew button holes - DONE
insert sleeves - DONE

Skirt - Timeline to complete: by 8/18
cut fashion fabric - DONE
sew skirt - DONE

Skirt - Timeline to complete: by 8/25
bustle skirt - 80% done
make fabric covered buttons - DONE
apply buttons
make trim
sew on trim

Apron - Timeline to complete: by 8/25
cut fashion fabric - DONE
cut flat lining organza
sew apron
bustle apron
make trim
sew on trim

Hat - Timeline to complete: by 8/25
cut buckram - DONE
wire buckram - DONE
cut mulling - DONE
mull hat - DONE  
cut fashion fabric - DONE
sew hat together - DONE
sew fashion fabric onto hat - DONE
cut lining fabric - DONE
sew lining fabric onto hat - DONE
make trim
trim hat

Gloves - Timeline to complete: by 8/25
Make gloves? - nope, ordering gloves
Make hole for light

Bustle -Timeline to complete: by 8/25
make pocket on bustle for battery pack

No comments:

Post a Comment