Monday, August 26, 2013

Sunday Update: Trim done, panic setting in

Well, as I expected, not everything got done this weekend. As it turns out, I can only stand at my iron making trim for about 10 hours a day before my spine starts telling me off, and there's fidley bits that I don't blog about that filled the rest of the time (trips to Joann, the hardware store, etc, and making things like S.H.I.E.L.D. hat pins).  However! All of the trim that I need is made.  And that is about 20 hours of work this weekend, so I call that a win. In the next 3 days, I need to sew all of that trim on and also trim out my hat and we are good to go. I think it is possible, but I am also attempting some hail-mary things that have me nervous. If they happen, I will let you know about them. If they don't, then I will save them for the next wearing.

Anyway, the list is updated. I am trying very hard to manage my panic and to manage expectations. I also have to pack. :-)

More as it happens!

As a sneak-peek, here's how it is looking before trim:




Current time left: 3 days (EEP!)

Jacket - Timeline to complete: by 8/11
dye lining fabric - DONE
cut fashion fabric - DONE
cut lining fabric - DONE
cut interlining fabric - DONE
flat-line fashion fabric to interlining - DONE
sew lining fabric - DONE
sew fashion fabric - DONE
make collar - DONE
put in boning into the jacket - DONE
attach collar to jacket - DONE
attach lining to jacket - DONE

Jacket - Timeline to complete: by 8/18:
figure out how to make stomacher part - DONE
cut fabric for stomacher part - DONE
sew stomacher part - DONE
make hole for the light in stomacher - DONE
put lining on stomacher - DONE
sew on Velcro for the stomacher - DONE
figure out new sleeve pattern - DONE
cut sleeves - DONE
sew sleeves - DONE
sew button holes - DONE
insert sleeves - DONE

Skirt - Timeline to complete: by 8/18
cut fashion fabric - DONE
sew skirt - DONE

Skirt - Timeline to complete: by 8/28
bustle skirt - 80% done
make fabric covered buttons - DONE
apply buttons - DONE
make trim - DONE
sew on trim

Apron - Timeline to complete: by 8/28
cut fashion fabric - DONE
sew apron - DONE
bustle apron - DONE
make trim - DONE
sew on trim

Hat - Timeline to complete: by 8/28
cut buckram - DONE
wire buckram - DONE
cut mulling - DONE
mull hat - DONE  
cut fashion fabric - DONE
sew hat together - DONE
sew fashion fabric onto hat - DONE
cut lining fabric - DONE
sew lining fabric onto hat - DONE
make trim
trim hat

Gloves - Timeline to complete: by 8/25
Make gloves? - nope, ordering gloves
Make hole for light - DONE

Bustle -Timeline to complete: by 8/28
make pocket on bustle for battery pack

Make-up 
do a test run

No comments:

Post a Comment